Registered in 1998 under Bulgarian law, Partners Bulgaria Foundation (PBF) is an independent, non-governmental, not-for-profit organisation (NGO).
PBF’s mission is to promote peaceful conflict resolution, citizens participation and social inclusion by supporting institutions, NGOs and professionals to improve policies and practices in areas like judicial law, social care, child protection, education, economic development and ecology. The organisation works to improve the dialogue between the citizens, the government and the business sector, while encouraging various underrepresented organisations, groups and ethnic communities to participate in the decision-making processes.
Partners Bulgaria Foundation works toward achieving its goals through the following activities:
- Research, analysis, evaluation and policy recommendations concerning socially marginalised groups (including ethnic minorities, children without parental care, children and youths at risk, under-aged offenders and others).
- Training in soft skills such as effective communication, negotiation, conflict resolution, mediation, civic education, leadership, organisational development, consensus building and others.
- Services related to mediation as a method for conflict resolution that helps individuals, groups and organisations to find solutions;
- Services related to supporting children at risk and their families;
- Cooperative planning, facilitation of meetings and public discussions;
- Public campaigns.
Partners Bulgaria Foundation is supported by foreign and local organisations and government agencies: the United States Agency for International Development, OAK Foundation, The King Baudouin Foundation, Tulip Foundation, Save the Children Fund, Open Society Institute, the European Commission, the Norwegian Finacial Mechanism, the Bulgarian government, International Womens’ Clib – Sofia and many others.
Partners Bulgaria Foundation is a part of the international organisation PartnersNetwork, former Partners for Democratic Change International /PDCI/. The main focus of Partners’ work is promoting peaceful conflict resolution, good governance and social inclusion.
The PartnersNetwork includes centres in Argentina, Colombia, Mexico, El Salvador, Brazil, Albania, Bulgaria, Kosovo, the Czech Republic, Georgia, Hungary, Poland, Slovakia, Serbia, Jordan, Yemen, Peru, Senegal, Nigeria, Livan and the United States of America. The centres conduct research, training and consultations, introduce programs for development and promotion of peace in more than 60 countries around the world.
The PartnersNetwork Centers focus on promoting and supporting civil society, interethnic relations, network building, anti-corruption reform, family mediation and youth and women’s leadership in their home countries.
Partners Bulgaria participates in other international and regional networks to collectively promote the values for multi-sectoral partnerships, strong civil society, accountable governance, and conflict sensitive development.
Partners Bulgaria is a member of the European Peacebuilding Liaison Office in Brussels – EPLO, a network of European Peacebuilding organisations working to promote conflict prevention and peaceful resolution of conflicts.
Partners Bulgaria is also a founder and member of DARE – Democracy and Human Rights Education in Europe Network. DARE unites European organisations working in citizenship and human rights education.